Terminal Management System
- Terminal Management System (TMS) is a flexible and easy to use for POS terminals it
provides a full suite of facilities to control POS terminals and their software and allows users
to define, configure and update POS parameters and tasks. A Find and Report toolbar allows
users to generate reports by filtering grids based on desired criteria and processing the
information through Crystal Report, where the information can be filtered, sorted, grouped
and then printed or saved.
- For easy operation, profiles can be created by users to select or save a set of custom
parameters that can then be assigned to a group of profiles sharing similar characteristics.
This minimizes the risk of operator data entry errors and maximizes the speed of operation.
The remote program download option saves time for users by downloading only modified
modules to the POS terminals.
- The TMS is also equipped with two auditing levels; the user activity log which logs all user
activities such as login / logout and screen access and the Audit Log which generates a
database level log report for all tables as well as a link to a more detailed screen specifying
the values of the updated fields before and after update.
- Keeping in mind the high security levels required by our clients, the TMS security system
can be customized to provide various access privileges to individual account holders who
may access the TMS through a sophisticated password authentication system. There is also
an approval option available that requests administrator approval prior to any changes and
only approved changes will appear in the final database accessed by POS terminals.
- The TMS is comprised of three components; POS Master, Connection Services and Monitoring
- POS Master
- POS Master is a client application that interfaces with the database and allows the users to
manage POS terminals from a central location. Using the POS Master application, users will
be able to define, configure and update the system parameters.
- Connection Services
- This component is responsible for transmitting data to and from terminals through TCP/
IP, Dialup and Direct RS232 connections. All parameters and batch files are logged in files
and databases to be used in report and statistic generation. This module will also interface
Network Communication Controller (NCC) should users require protocol conversion.
- The monitoring component monitors all connect POS terminals
and reports the real-time status of their ongoing tasks.
Get in touch
Request for services